Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Soul Cage is what is used to spawn the mobs in the Soul Shards mod. It can be used with any Tier 1+ Soul Shard to spawn many different mob types as long as enough have been slain. To insert a Soul Shard into a Soul Cage, right click the soul shard to the soul cage, it will start working. (Note: It is recommended to insert high-tier soul shard as far as possible from the cage, since the mob will spawn as soon as it is inserted, and have a good chance to kill you)
Soul Shard TiersEdit
- Unlike spawners, Soul cages don't have any animation indicating the mob it will spawn.
- Soul Cage mobs are different from normal mobs, this is probably the reason it cannot fill Soul Shards.
- There is an exception for slimes though. Even though the initial slime wont fill the shard the slimes that spawn when it die do. This is a very easy way to get a tier 5 soul shard of slimes.
- Like spawners, Soul Cages have chance to spawn infernal mobs.
- Wither skeletons spawned from soul cages do not drop Necrotic Bones, but they can also be spawned by using a skeleton soul cage in the nether, with 70% chance of being one, making it easier to get a wither skeleton soul cage.