The Soul Cage is what is used to spawn the mobs in the Soul Shards mod. It can be used with any Tier 1+ Soul Shard to spawn many different mob types as long as enough have been slain. To insert a Soul Shard into a Soul Cage, right click the soul shard to the soul cage, it will start working. (Note: It is recommended to insert high-tier soul shard as far as possible from the cage, since the mob will spawn as soon as it is inserted, and have a good chance to kill you)
Soul Shard TiersEdit
- Unlike spawners, Soul cages don't have any animation indicating the mob it will spawn.
- Soul Cage mobs are different from normal mobs, this is probably the reason it cannot fill Soul Shards.
- There is an exception for slimes though. Even though the initial slime wont fill the shard the slimes that spawn when it die do. This is a very easy way to get a tier 5 soul shard of slimes.
- Like spawners, Soul Cages have chance to spawn infernal mobs.
- Wither skeletons spawned from soul cages do not drop Necrotic Bones