|Added By||Tinkers' Construct|
The Rapier ignores all armor, making it one of the best weapons against tanks like other players or the Walker Boss.
There are many different combinations that can be used to craft a Rapier. Here are few examples:
Crossbar Cast Material
|Tool Rod Material||Modifier|
Note: These are not necessarily good builds; they are for illustrative purposes only.
Special Perks Edit
- Right click to activate a backwards leap (backpedal).
- All attacks ignore armor and blocking. (Extremely useful in PvP, especially against tanks)
- Attacks while sprinting deal 150% damage.
- Attacks from the rapier result in a shorter "stun time," so the rapier can attack very quickly.
|Diamond||+500 Durability to a tool.|
|Emerald||+50% Durability to a tool.|
|Ball of Moss||Tool slowly repairs itself. (Repairs faster in sunlight.)|
|Obsidian Large plate||Tool gains the "Reinforced I" trait (Not stackable)|
|Nether Quartz||Increases attack damage. (Requires multiple)|
|Blaze Powder||Sets enemies aflame (one second per five powder)|
|Necrotic Bone||Vampiric attack.|
|Battery + Circuit||Electric charge. (IC2 only).|
|Block of Gold + Diamond||+1 Modifier.|
|Nether Star||+1 Modifier.|
If you add more than one of the same type of modifier it will use up the next modifier slot and will upgrade the tool/weapon further in that field. e.g. Adding more than the max amount of quartz for one modifier slot (72) it will use up another modifier slot but raise the max amount of quartz to 144.
- Rapiers have a low durability and thereful become the status "broken" quite fast; it is therefore advised to use high durability materials for it or add a Moss Ball as a Modifier
- When the Rapier is broken, the "Backpedal" ability is still usable
- The Rapier cannot be enchanted using the enchanting table, although you may add specific enchantments like Soul Tether using an enchanted book and an anvil
- A Rapier can only be repaired in a Tool Station/Tool Forge using the material the sword blade is made of