Oreberry bushes are commonly found in caves and have similar effects to a cactus if touched. However, they do much less damage and do not destroy items. More importantly, they grow "berries" of metal, such as aluminum and tin.
There are 6 types of Oreberry Bushes:
- Iron Oreberry Bush
- Tin Oreberry Bush
- Gold Oreberry Bush
- Aluminum Oreberry Bush
- Copper Oreberry Bush
- Essence Oreberry Bush
Oreberry bushes can only be planted on solid blocks. They must be planted in light level of 12 or below in order to be plant-able, light level of 9 and below to grow, and bonemeal cannot be used to accelerate this process.
It should be noted that each oreberry only gives one nugget when smelted or 1/9 of an ingot when smelted in a smeltery. A significantly large farm could produce many ingots an hour, but there's no way to fully automate such a farm as of now.Essence oreberries (which glow green and yellow, similarly to vanilla XP) do not give you metal when smelted, but rather can be right-clicked for an XP boost, and have replaced the silver oreberry bush. Unlike other oreberry bushes, Essence Oreberries appear to grow on any light level.
- It is unknown whether the block it is planted on affect its growth rate.
- It takes 9 oreberries to equal 1 ingot.
- If you wish to make an Oreberry dark room, Make the floor out of materials that mobs can't spawn on, such as slabs.
- Because of Oreberry Bushes, most metals in Hexxit now become a renewable material.
- Its growth is inconsistent, some can grow in 15 seconds and others took up to 10 minutes.
- Giving the player Oreberry Bush with data value 19 or higher, all the oreberry bush will be named "Tin Oreberry Bush", but it is actually other oreberry bush.