Nether Portal is a multi-block structure found in vanilla Minecraft. Falling Meteors has a meteor type known as Kreknorite Meteor that can cause an active Nether Portal to be generated upon the meteor landing. In the event a meteor creates a Nether Portal the message "A portal to the Nether has been created!" will show in chat.If you go though the nether with the amour you get a special item that's very op called the destitute.
- Nether portals cannot be made in the twilight forest.
- The obsidian rings used to form nether portals, can be found in nether cities.
- Unlit portals can be activated by Flint and Steel, a Fire Charges, fire spread, or another source of fire i.e. Ghasts, Blazes and certain infernal mobs.
- It has been reported that the creation message may not be shown on multiplayer servers
- Sometimes Nether Portal links will become corrupt and cause a different portal link to happen, in which case both portals must be destroyed in the process to close that link completely and rebuilt to establish a new one.
- There have been rare reports of people dying in the nether and have a certain radius of blocks destroyed around there bed