|This article needs additional images. You can help out Hexxit Wiki by adding images to the site and adding them to the article.|
|Added By||Better Dungeons|
The Manualhook is a tool similar to LongShoot added by Better Dungeons; however, the cable control is manual instead of automatic. It has a total range of 30 blocks when fired. When the cable is attached to a surface and the ManualHook is the equipped item, use crouch (default is shift) to reel the cable in and jump (default is the space bar) to reel the cable out. In SMP, this item can sometimes cause you to become temporarily stuck in space which you can resolve by releasing and then quickly re-firing the ManualShoot.
The Manualhook can be crafted with two LongShoots.
- With two Manualhooks you can continuously climb tall structures.
- When using the Manualhook reeling in some mobs, jumping will give the player faster mid-jump movement and a slower descent.
- On some rare occasions, the hook will be replaced with a purple "circle". When this bug is active, the player can neither reel in or reel out the line and is forced to release the hook to make the ManualShoot functional again.
- Since sneak is used to reel in the hook, shooting at blocks with a Y value below the Y value of the block the player is standing on and reeling in has a chance of the player "bouncing". Pressing jump will immediately launch the player to the hook.
- If you grapple to a half slab that is placed on the upper half of a block, the Manualhook will fail to wind in or out the wire.
- When grappled onto an object, the player will not take fall damage.
- Prior to Hexxit 1.0.7, this item was named ManualShoot.