|This article may not be 100% accurate due to an upcoming modpack version.|
|This article is need of a clean-up. You can help out Hexxit Wiki by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and doing other helpful things to correct the article.|
The Magic Mirror is an item added by LegendGear that allows a user to teleport to the last block open to the sky they stood on while the mirror was in their inventory.
The Magic Mirror can rarely be found as loot in dungeons or the top floor of Battle Towers. Occasionally dungeon bosses may drop a Magic Mirror.
They may also be crafted, see below.
The mirror must be in the users inventory, not a backpack, before they enter the structure they wish to leave; a mirror found in a dungeon will have no block set to warp to and will be usable after the user stays in for a while in the dungeon or a cave.
To use the Magic Mirror, hold right-click while the mirror is in hand. An animation will start with symbols floating around the screen. The player will then be teleported to the last location where no blocks directly above the player were obstructing the sky.
This item has no use if one can currently see the sky directly above the block he is standing on, and can only be used in the Overworld.
- The Mirror can be used to easily escape from pigs, chickens, and cows
- Glass still counts as open sky. It is unknown if other mods' glass panels are valid for use.
- The Magic Mirror can be exploited by placing the mirror inside a Backpack while travelling outdoors, preventing it from updating the location to teleport. This allows one to teleport great distances and is particularly useful for teleporting back to a central base after exploring distant lands.
- The Magic Mirror treats Soulweave and possibly Bloodweave (unconfirmed for Bloodweave) blocks as transparent. This may not be a bug as sunlight does pass through them.
- This item strongly resembles the Magic Mirror that originated from the Legend of Zelda series, both in appearance and function. In the Legend of Zelda series, the Magic Mirror had similar usage: it could bring the player out of the Dark World.
- The Magic Mirror also makes an appearance in Terraria.