|This article may not be 100% accurate due to an upcoming modpack version.|
This item was removed in Hexxit 2.0.1c due to the removal of the LegendGear mod.
|This article is need of a clean-up. You can help out Hexxit Wiki by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and doing other helpful things to correct the article.|
The Magic Mirror is an item in the LegendGear mod that teleports the user to the block he was last exposed to the sun on while having the mirror in his inventory. It will not function if one obtained it whilst inside a dungeon or cave - only once he returns home will it begin to perform its duty. Note that the Magic Mirror can be only used in the Overworld.
A Magic Mirror can be obtained from loot chests and by killing dungeon bosses. Magic Mirrors can be found on the top floor of Battle Towers.
To use the Magic Mirror, hold right-click while it's in hand. An animation will start. Symbols associated with Enchanting will appear around the user and music will be heard. The player will then be teleported to the last location where no blocks directly above the player were obstructing the sky - criteria similar to a Beacon's or Meteor Shield's for a beam of light to appear.
This item has no use if one can currently see the sky directly above the block he is standing on.
- Using this item allows one to easily escape from caves, mineshafts, and dungeons. This is also useful in PvP if one was fighting someone inside a structure. He could simply run in, kill the target, and teleport out. Beware of the cast time, however.
- One can craft the mirror while in a house that uses a glass ceiling as the source of the sky as glass still permits the view of the sky. It is unknown if other mods' glass panels are valid for use.
- The Magic Mirror mechanic can be exploited by placing the mirror inside a Backpack while traveling outdoors, preventing it from updating the location to teleport to. This allows one to teleport great distances and is particularly useful for teleporting back to a central base after exploring distant lands.
- The Magic Mirror treats Soulweave and possibly Bloodweave (unconfirmed for Bloodweave) blocks as transparent. This may not be a bug as sunlight does pass through them.
- This item strongly resembles the Magic Mirror that originated from the Legend of Zelda series, both in appearance and function. In the Legend of Zelda series, the Magic Mirror had similar usage: it could bring the player out of the Dark World.
- The Magic Mirror also makes an appearance in Terraria.