|This article may not be 100% accurate due to an upcoming modpack version.|
This item was removed in Hexxit 2.0.1c due to the removal of the LegendGear mod.
|This article is need of a clean-up. You can help out Hexxit Wiki by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and doing other helpful things to correct the article.|
The Magic Mirror is an item in the LegendGear mod that teleports you to the block you last saw sun on, with the mirror in your inventory. It will not work if you crafted it or obtained it while inside a dungeon or cave, only once you get out of it.
A Magic Mirror can be obtained from loot chests and by killing dungeon bosses. Magic Mirrors can be found on the top floor of Battle Towers.
To use the Magic Mirror, hold right click while it's in your hand. An animation will start. Symbols will appear around you and you will hear some music, and then you will be teleported to the last solid block that you can see the sky from.
This item has no use if you can currently see the sky directly above the block you are standing on.
The Magic Mirror is crafted in a normal crafting table using four ender pearls, four gold ingots, and one diamond.
- Using this item allows you to easily escape from caves, mineshafts, and dungeons. This is also useful in PvP if you are fighting someone inside a structure. Just run in, kill them, and teleport out, or as a fail-safe in case you're the one losing. Beware of the cast time, however.
- You may craft the mirror while in a house and use a glass ceiling as your source of the sky, as glass still permits the view of the sky. It is unknown if other mods' glass panels are valid for use.
- The Magic Mirror mechanic can be exploited by placing the mirror inside a Backpack while traveling outdoors, preventing it from updating the location to teleport to. This allows you to teleport great distances and is particularly useful for teleporting back to a central base after exploring distant lands.
- The Magic Mirror treats Soulweave and possibly Bloodweave (unconfirmed for Bloodweave) blocks as transparent. This however may not be a bug, as sunlight does go through them.
- This item looks like the Magic Mirror that originated from the Zelda series. In the Zelda series, the Magic Mirror had similar usage: It could bring you out of the Dark World.
- It shares the same item name as an item in Terraria, however it is much more likely both items are named after the Magic Mirror found in the Legend of Zelda series.
- Magic Mirror can be only used in Overworld, even when you are under roof anywhere else.