|This article is need of a clean-up. You can help out Hexxit Wiki by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and doing other helpful things to correct the article.|
|Added By||Tinkers' Construct|
Clear Glass is made in the Smeltery by melting down standard glass or sand. As the name suggests, unlike vanilla glass blocks and panes, the Tinkers' Construct version is completely transparent. Furthermore, clear glass is not destroyed when broken/blown up, it will drop as item instead.
Their blast resistance are stronger than vanilla Glass, but they are still not Ghast-resistant, this is the reason Clear Glass and panes are still not a good building material in The Nether.
Clear Glass is used in the creation of Stained Glass.
There are a few differences that make Clear Glass and Clear Panes better than vanilla Glass and Panes.
- Clear Glass and Panes are obtainable with a bare hand, while vanilla glass and panes are not.
- Clear Glass has a better blast resistance (comparison in the slideshow), specific number is still unknown, though.
- Clear Glass and Panes, as the name says, are clear, vanilla glass and panes have several 'dots' that block the view.
- Clear glass has a connecting texture
- In previous versions of Hexxit, Clear Glass didn't have connecting textures.